San Fran has been on my bucket list for a long time and I finally got to explore it with the hubs. And by explore, I mean Noah style. We walked all the miles and saw what felt like ALL the things.
Quick Tips: bring comfy shoes for all the up and downhill walking and definitely bring a jacket! Cali weather is very unpredictable and I found myself needing a coat wherever we went.
Scroll down for all the things we were able to check out while on our trip!
Things to See:
- Lombard Street- crazy zig zag road. Don’t necessarily need to walk it or anything but it’s fun to stop at the top and take a look down.
- Nob Hill/Russian Hill– fun little area to explore
- Ghirardelli Square- Go inside and get yourself a free piece of chocolate 😉
- Fisherman’s Wharf- where all the tourists are but also where you can see Alcatraz, the bridge and some cute seals sun bathing
- North Beach- buzzy neighborhood not far from Fisherman’s wharf and home to San Fran’s Little Italy. Trattorias, coffee shops and retro bars. Be sure to check out Tony’s Pizza Napoletana
- Little Italy- where all the yummy Italian food is, especially the ‘za
- Chinatown-there’s a hidden gem down an alley where you can see them make fortune cookies!
- The Mission– cute neighborhood where I ate the best taco I’ve ever had at ‘Taqueria’
- The Castro– the first Gay neighborhood and fun to explore
- The Marina District- tons of shops to pop in and out of
- Muir Woods, Muir Beach Overlook- gorgeous overlook and pretty drive through redwood trees
- Sausalito- adorable town on the water. Great spot to stop for lunch
- Golden Gate Bridge (obvi)
- Crissy Field/Presidio- great spot to see the bridge. It’s almost like a park and has a big field area to hang out. People were having picnics and relaxing by the water while enjoying the amazing bridge view
- PCH down to Half Moon Bay-we rented a car and enjoyed the ride
- Twin Peaks City Overlook– an amazing view of the entire city
- Haight-Ashbury-fun, hippy neighborhood to check out. There’s a funky window with legs coming out
- Hayes Valley-cool, revitalized neighborhood with cutesty shops, chill bars, and many trendy restaurants. Walkable from Painted ladies
- Painted Ladies- the famous line of colorful homes that you see in Full House!
Places to Eat/Drink:
- Boudin Bakery– Clam Chowder Bread Bowl at Fisherman’s Wharf
- Hog Island Oyster Co– delish oysters. We did the fresh and grilled. Def do both
- Tonga Room & Hurricane Bar- cute tiki bar inside the Fairmont Hotel
- Mr. Holmes Bakeshop– fun neon “I got baked in SF” sign inside. Also delish birthday cake croissant
- Basik Cafe- great Acai bowls
- Lagunitas Brewery-Sonoma
- Sanraku Sushi
- Taqueria– in The Mission. Famous for their carne asada burrito and delicious tacos. Hands down, one of the best tacos I’ve ever had and the hubs crushed the burrito
- Tartine Bakery– yummy bakery in The Mission
- Cafe Meuse Wine Bar- we popped in here while waiting for our table at Seven Hills. delish wine options!
- SEVEN HILLS– my favorite little Italian restaurant. Definitely the most delicious pasta I’ve ever had
- La Note-Breakfast spot in Berkely
- Tony’s Pizza- pizza spot in Little Italy
- Baked Bear- hand made ice cream cookie sandwiches.. need I say more?
- Joe & The Juice- cute spot for coffee and breakfast